Sunday, September 24, 2017

Infosecfeeds.org is up with the "planet" of Security #infosec podcasts (browser-based master feed of #security and #dfir pocasts)



I've really enjoyed a few blogs this year that were published directly on Linkedin, for example the Jiu Jitsui, chess and other blogs by Tim MV; so for the blog component of infosecfeeds.org, I'm testing out the "pages" function of Linkedin.
The homepage url for infosecfeeds.org should feature an aggregation of non-commercial (IT) Security podcasts, soon, if not it's not already up by the time you read this. I will update it and get some cron on it to regularly update it soon; there were also about 10 other feeds I wanted to initially include, including some dead-box-forensics focused shows I hope. InfosecFeeds.org is a planet based site, which is an open sourceproject under the python license. The original planet web app is featured on planet.debian.org for Planet Debian. I really love the format!
So the planet feed was just an idea to contribute to the community, but the main goal of the url was to include a blog link, which I will update after duplicating this blog, to blog.infosecfeeds.org for the entire journal (which I'll probably host somewhere else, or also on Github like the --The site can just as easily link for any other blogging site (for exposure alone, e.g. Blogger.com), or add that Ghost platform that I've wanted to see since Fab from Linux Outlaws touted it so highly (although he is a professional writer!)--and then just link/post the most career-relevant posts here), and dfir.infosecfeeds.org for only the most original research and computer-forensics focused content (which will be a link to here, if that is possible; the posts will all be "articles" here as well, to whichever degree of automation possisble.
This post actually I wouldn't even include there, but in a month or so, once I'm completely happy with the plant page of infosec podcasts, I think it is a great resource to the forensics and active defense communities as well, just as much as a post of original research.
The next super-relevant post should be a comparison of all the open-source linux "distros" already packaged up for Computer Forensics use. The post I mentioned above, will focus on several pre-packaged "forensic" computer systems, and which packages, and which major differences make up for example Sans' SIFT Workstation, REMnux, or any of these vs. just using Kali, or Black Arch, or building your own from the extensive Debian repositories, (tons were "#newinstretch"). I won't include Security Onion, which comes pre-packed with several IDS & IPS solutions; I'd read about that distro last spring in Amanda Berlin's Defensive Security Handbook. Off-topic I'd like to also include sometime soon also, a few off-topic posts about the early stages of the OWASP capture the flag.
Videos from B-Sides Springfield (and other videos from the MO/AR/#nwark Orzarks region) will also be posted soon, as I finish editing them. So whether here, or somewhere else, look soon for the videos from B-Sides Springfield (Missouri), posted one-by-one, as well as some initial blog-posts.
I plan to also include soon not only the first re-posts of other content from Bsides, but also a recap of the rough videos someone shared from Kansas City, including the special intro by Jack Daniels, and very inspiring, team & community-building opening from Chris Nickerson.
Approximately every 2nd or 3rd post, I hope to include the podcast form, which is a learning and case/study lab-based DFIR podcast called "Computer Forensics Podcast." I spent a lot of my life creating music and other content--also my current company is sound-related, even though I'm in networks & security--so don't think I'm jumping on a bandwagon here, but to help fill the void of forensics podcasts, and do sometimes an audio versions is not that much of a stretch for me at all! Any fans ending up back here in a year will agree, I promise. You should expect to hear projects, interviews, tutorial-like how-to's, (also original music from the community here in Berlin), all based around potentially vicious, authority-questioning attitude that every beginner, or always-learner will love. (Ok maybe not love, but brutally naive questions will never be off the table!) . For DFIR-related topics, I tend to approach things sometimes from an off-the-wall pov, whether it is a new topic, or just something I've already built a habit around, so I find that others usually find this very helpful, or at least funny. #knowthyself
I'm also busy studying for SANS SEC503 (GCIA) [I hope!], or whichever class I might get accepted to in Berlin on the work study program for SANS, and reading through Professor Mike O'Leary's book with the Brakeing Down Security Podcast's book club. Join us and read along and work on the labs together.
Peace & best wishes goes out to those experiencing the hurricane right now in Texas & across the south. Years from now we will not forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The new "LinkedInSecureMessage"​ ?

With all the talk of secure messenger applications lately, I bet you’d like to have just one more, right? In the past few weeks, we’ve noti...

Follow by RSS